Monday 20 July 2015

My Top 5 Summer Skincare Essentials!

Hey! Summer is here and I know a lot of you have just started you holiday. Today, I decided to give you some of my skincare essentials to get you summer ready!


1. Nivea Sun Protect & Refresh
Lets get the boring stuff out of the way first. SPF is so important in the summer and I love this Nivea sun protection mist. My one doesn't have the highest SPF, but when you're in England, the sun doesn't say 'Hi' as often. However I would recommend getting a higher SPF for better protection. I love this because I hate applying lotions in the summer, I find that they can leave me feeling sticky and sweaty. This was one of the main reasons why SPF was never really my thing. However, this mist is great as it is also cooling so it's a great refresh for when you're on the beach. Another great thing about it is that it is water resistant so if you're around some water, this is a great product to have around! The only negative that I have to mention is the smell. It has quite a strong floral scent that tends to linger for a bit, so it may interfere with your perfumes. I personally love the smell but I know some people may not be the biggest fans of it.



2. Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion
This product says to give you a sun-kissed look and it contains tanning particles so that you can develop a light gradual tan. I really like this as it does provide some extra glow and colour to the skin and as for someone that never got into tanning because it genuinely frightens me, this is a great alternative. It is a gradual tan so I recommend applying it once a day for a couple of days to see results. Don't apply for too many days as it may actually get patchy - at least that's what happened to me but it wasn't really visible as it just happened in areas such as elbows. I would also recommend the darker bottle of this because even though I am as pale as paper, the colour isn't very visible. Furthermore, I'd say you should apply this at night, purely because I ring some parts of my body feeling quite sticky after application. Apart from that, I've really enjoyed using this product and would definitely recommend it.

3. Soap and Glory Scrub of your Life
I would recommend any scrub really but this is one that I've enjoyed using lately. It smells gorgeous as with most Soap and Glory products and leaves you feeling super smooth. This particular scrub has small pink particles which help exfoliate your skin. I believe that they may feel a bit harsh on sensitive skin, but that doesn't mean that if you have sensitive skin you should run from it, it just means that you should be more gentle. Scrubs are great in the summer and they help me out a lot. They can help to increase the staying power of your tan and make shaving/waxing a lot easier. 




4. Simple Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Day Cream
I didn't think that this would have been in my summer essentials blogpost, purely because it is quite thick and as you've probably guessed, I prefer much lighter consistencies during the summer. However, this cream has been great for me, it has light-no fragrance and it congaing SPF 15, which isn't very high but at least it's something. It sinks in to the skin super quickly and makes it feel really moisturised during the day without being sticky which I love. It is also a great base for makeup as it smooths out the skin nicely.





5. Simple Kind to Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask
The last product is also from Simple and it is a face mask. I absolutely love this and I've never tried anything like it. It feels really nice and hydrating on the skin and it layers in a white/transparent layer. The mask doesn't dry so you can feel free to talk and eat without it doing everywhere and cracking; though you probably won't have to as its very quick (3 minutes) which is great when you're on the go. It's a mess free face mask that leaves your skin feeling soft and plump!

So that is it for my top summer skincare essentials, I hope you enjoyed this little run down of products and found it useful. If you have any summer skincare essentials that you'd want others to know about tell me about them below!

Till next time,
Anna.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment